Children and young people’s contribution to the new EU Strategy on the Rights of the Child and the Child Guarantee.
The overarching messages from the children are to take their rights seriously and ensure that the EU Strategy on the Rights of the Child and the Child Guarantee commit to focusing on concrete and effective measures to ensure:
- Equal treatment for all children, with particular attention to children in vulnerable situations
- Equal access to quality and affordable education for all children, from early childhood education and care to secondary education
- Measures to stop violence against children
- Children’s participation in decision making
- Children’s access to mental health support